9 November 2015
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Procedure for complaints by individuals under the human rights treaties
- Exceptions to the Exhaustion of Domestic Remedies (Arts. 46(1), 46(2)(a) and 46 (2)(b) of the American Convention on Human Rights), Advisory Opinion OC-11/90, August 10, 1990, Inter-Am. Ct. H.R. (Ser. A) No. 11 (1990).
- Romano, Cesare P R. “The Rule of Prior Exhaustion of Domestic Remedies: Theory and Practice in International Human Rights Procedures” in Nerina Boschiero et al, eds, International Courts and the Development of International Law (T. M. C. Asser Press, 2013) 561.
- Gwynne Skinner, Robert McCorquodale, Olivier De Schutter, The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business (December 2013), see pgs 18-31.
- Yassin c. Green Park International Inc., 2010 QCCA 1455, read paras 14-25; 46-48; 59-63; and 81-90.
- K. Boyle and H. Hannum, “Individual Applications under the European Convention on Human Rights and the Concept of Administrative Practice: The Donnelly Case,” Am. J. Int’l L. 68 (1974): 440-453.
- European Court of Human Rights, Practical Guide on Admissibility Criteria, read pp. 15-21 (non-exhaustion of domestic remedies), skim overall document for overview of other admissibility criteria
- A. A. Cancado Trindade, “Exhaustion of Local Remedies under the UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and Its Optional Protocol,” The International and Comparative Law Quarterly 28, no. 4 (October 1979): 734-765
- Bernard Robertson, “Exhaustion of Local Remedies in International Human Rights Litigation? The Burden of Proof Reconsidered,” International & Comparative Law Quarterly 39, no. 01 (1990): 191-196
- Nsongurua J. Udombana, So Far, So Fair: The Local Remedies Rule in the Jurisprudence of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, 97 Am. J. Int’l L. 1 (2003)
- Schochet, Paula Rivka. “New Role for an Old Rule: Local Remedies and Expanding Human Rights Jurisdiction under the Torture Victim Protection Act, A” (1987) 19 Colum Hum Rts L Rev 223.
- Adede, A O. “Survey of Treaty Provisions on the Rule of Exhaustion of Local Remedies, A” (1977) 18 Harv Int’l LJ 1.
- Duruigbo, Emeka. “Exhaustion of Local Remedies in Alien Tort Litigation: Implications for International Human Rights Protection” (2005) 29 Fordham Int’l LJ 1245.